It’s a question that is on the mind of every small business owner in America today, “Am I going to make it through COVID-19?”
Right now, small businesses across America are shut down and despite the federal economic stimulus, which might not be enough for many small businesses, few are seeing the opportunity in front of them right now to seize the moment and begin positioning their business ahead of their competition for the day the doors open up again.
Is my small business unique enough to survive COVID-19?
Whether your business is open or closed, you have to ask yourself, is your business unique enough to survive, because when COVID-19 restrictions are over, it’s going to be brutal out there for small businesses in a highly competitive environment as everyone fights to grow their market share. The smart ones are doing that now. What is going to make your small business stand out from your competitors who are going to be just as hungry, if not hungrier than you?
What are you doing today to get customers tomorrow?
Many are sitting at home worrying about tomorrow. The businesses that will succeed after COVID-19 are planning for tomorrow, creating a strategy for success one the restrictions are lifted and trying to find ways to provide services during the restrictions, if possible.
What can you do now to succeed tomorrow?
There are many things you can do today to succeed and get your business through the shutdown and be positioned as a leader when the doors open back up.
- Stay engaged with your customers on social media.
- Stay active on your social media accounts and keep the public informed with things going on in your community. Let them get used to coming to your business as a local information resources.
- Stay in touch with your customers. Reach out to them on Facebook, see how they are doing and see if there’s anything you can do for them.
- Give your customers some home ideas on how to provide your services themselves. Don’t fear that your customers will be changing their own automobile oil or making electronics repairs when this is over, because when it is, they will need you more than ever.
- Give your customers some at-home ideas to pass the time that relate to your business. If you run a coffee shop, share stories on the importance of selecting the right beans, how coffee beans are harvested and maybe even some behind the scenes information you can share with them about your business.
- Create a solid COVID-19 marketing strategy.
- Grow your social media audience now, while you have the time.
- Promote your brand to a larger audience.
- Create a newsletter.
- Solicit your story to local media.
- Create unique information opportunities.
- Stay positive and remain a part of your local community.
- Find ways to get involved in your community online.
- Don’t let your customers forget about you.
- Remind your customers why they can’t wait to walk through your front door again.
- Keep the positive vibes flowing and create excitement in your products and services.
How to promote your business during COVID-19
Your expertise is running your business and if the above list seems daunting, there’s help available for you. You can join online business groups or you can hire a seasoned small business marketing agency. You have a unique business opportunity that you never had before. Your day starts with opening the front door, is consumed with the day to day business operations and now you can finally focus on the part of your business most small businesses never pay enough attention to, marketing your brand and telling your story.
If you need help with this, drop us a line, because helping small businesses promote their brands is a large part of what we do every day here at Shore News Network.
Email us at news@shorenewsnetwork or call 732-333-3208 ext. 1 to discuss options available to you. We reach over 4,000,000 New Jersey are readers every day, and just like you, most of them are stuck at home waiting to get outside and resume their lives as they were before the COVID-19 outbreak. It all starts with the three items above, and that’s where we can help you.
- Content creation services – tell your story to the world.
- Targeted marketing services – get your story in front of the right people.
- Social media promotion – We can help you manage your social media strategy or take care of it all for you.
- Advertising – Promote your services and offer special deals, we can connect you to new customers.
- Back in business strategy – When this is over, we can help you get ahead of your competition.
Call us today 732-333-3208 ext. 1.
Here are some examples of how we’re helping small businesses push through the pandemic and preparing them for success after it’s over.
- Landscape company seeking to help customers build the perfect at-home staycation.
- Hardware store getting involved in helping the local police department.
- Restaurant offering unique opportunities to customers during COVID-19.
- Popular community pub transforming their business during COVID-19.
- Restaurant success story finding a new way to keep serving dinners and helping the community.
- How a local bakery is offering creative at-home crafts to keep families entertained.
- Local pizzeria offers “make your own pizza” kits to keep customers engaged.
- Community favorite not resting, letting customers know they’re here to stay.
- Ice cream shop staying connected with their customers.
- Taco chain changes how they do business during COVID-19.
Your story could be next, give us a call, 732-333-3208 x1.