- Theft – On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at 12:24 p.m., Officer Andrew Slota responded to the 700 block of Maple Road in Lanoka Harbor for a report of theft. The victim reported that he arrived home on April 8th, at 2:30 a.m. and left his skateboard on his front porch. Upon waking up the next morning, he noticed the skateboard was missing. The long board is described as a Sector 9 “fish-tail style,” bamboo-wood color. The skateboard is valued at $200.
- Warrant Arrest – On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at 10:13 a.m., Officer Tyler Walsh conducted a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Route 9 and Oak Street for distracted driving. Investigation at the scene found the driver, 40-year-old Lourdes Canela of Station Road, Bayville, NJ, was driving while suspended. She was also found to have two active warrants; one out of Lacey Township Municipal Court in the amount of $500 and the other out of Lakehurst in the amount of $500. L. Canela was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters and processed. She received summonses for Use of Cell Phone and Driving While Suspended. She posted bail and was released on her own recognizance.
- Criminal Mischief – On Monday, April 9, 2018, at 4:33 p.m., Officer Jason Lee responded Lacey Township Police Headquarters to take a report of criminal mischief to a residence on Pheasant Run Road, Forked River. The homeowner reported that the back door window was broken and an outdoor grill and flat screen television were missing from the property. The total amount of the reported theft is $1100. The damage to the door and residence is estimated at $800.
- Fires – On Monday, April 9, 2018, at 12:23 p.m., Officer Andrew Slota responded to the 800 block of Alpine Street in Forked River for a report of a fence that was on fire. The homeowner was using her garden hose to put out the blaze. The Forked River Fire Department arrived on scene and extinguished the fire. The damage to the fence and shed is estimated at $500. The fire was non-suspicious and appeared to have been caused by a cigarette.
- Theft – On Monday, April 9, 2018, Officer Scott Anderson responded to Osprey Court in Forked River for a theft report. The victim explained that the red reflective stickers required for a learner’s permit were affixed to her license plate on the vehicle she drives and was parked in her driveway. Sometime between 6:30 p.m. on April 8, 2018 and 10:00 a.m. the following morning, the stickers were removed from the license plates. The total value of the stickers is $4.
- DUI Arrest/Motor Vehicle Accident – On Sunday, April 8, 2018, at 6:39 p.m., Officer Elton Copes responded to Dover Road for a motor vehicle accident involving a pick-up truck striking a utility pole. Officer Patrick Watkins arrived on scene to assist. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of the driver, 43-year-old Todd D. Dudley of East Railroad Avenue, Bayville, NJ, for DUI. Todd Dudley was transported to police headquarters and processed. He received motor vehicle summonses for DUI and Reckless Driving. The vehicle he was driving was impounded pursuant to John’s Law.
- Criminal Mischief – On Sunday, April 8, 2018, at 1:07 p.m., Officer Alan Abrecht responded to the 1300 block of Norwood Street in Forked River for a report of criminal mischief to a residence. The homeowner believed that the incident took place while she was away between the dates of April 6-8, 2018. It appeared that someone attempted to make entry into her residence by trying to pry open the garage door. The damage to the garage door is estimated at $200.
- Warrant Arrest – On Friday, April 6, 2018, at 8:13 p.m., Officers Michael Baldasari, Anthony Sarno, and Christopher Meyler responded to Jersey Mike’s on Lacey Road for two suspicious males who were harassing employees of the Rite Aid Pharmacy across the street. Investigation at the scene found 46-year-old Joseph Carlin of Mermaid Avenue, Beachwood, NJ, to have three active warrants. One warrant out of Wall Township Municipal Court in the amount of $1258; two other warrants out of Atlantic City Municipal Court in the amount of $89 and $350. Joseph Carlin was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters and processed. Wall Township Police Department was contacted and took custody of Joseph Carlin.
- DUI Arrest – On Friday, April 6, 2018, at 2:15 a.m., Officer Chris Meyler conducted a motor vehicle stop for speeding. Officer Scott Keefe arrived on scene to assist. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of the driver, 32-year-old Bradley R. Millman of Sunrise Boulevard in Forked River for DUI. Bradley R. Millman was transported to police headquarters where he was processed and charged with DUI, Speeding, and Reckless Driving. The vehicle he was driving was impounded pursuant to John’s Law.