Kristin B. Fitzgerald
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, NJ- Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, announces a second major addition for the 2019 season with the introduction of Calypso Springs. This massive activity pool is Six Flags Hurricane Harbor’s largest new attraction since the waterpark opened in 2000.
“Hurricane Harbor is an industry leader with best-in-class water slides and spectacular, interactive family attractions, and in 2019 we are excited to debut our largest new addition to date with Calypso Springs. This enormous, new pool, expansive lounge deck and dining area will offer the perfect place to enjoy signature, Six Flags summertime thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Winkler.
The key features of Calypso Springs include:
- Massive, 100,000-gallon beach entry-style pool;
- Obelisk-style fountain with spontaneously erupting geyser;
- Giant, open lounge deck with hundreds of chairs for sunbathing;
- Oversized umbrellas for respite from the summer sun;
- Charming Bimini shade covers available for rental; and
- A new dining location.
Calypso Springs will be located between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Tornado water slide. It is slated to open summer 2019.
The 45-acre Hurricane Harbor waterpark also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river, more than 25 high-speed thrill slides and two interactive children’s water playgrounds.