TOMS RIVER – Ocean County residents are being encouraged to make recycling their Christmas trees a part of their holiday cleanup.
“While the holidays are a busy and special time of the year, I want to remind our residents of the importance of recycling during the season,” said Freeholder Director Gerry P. Little, who serves as liaison to the County’s recycling program. “When it is time to take down the tree, consider dropping it off at a county recycling center or one of the county’s designated parks.”
Christmas trees can be dropped off at the following Ocean County park locations from Dec. 26 through Jan. 31:
• Cattus Island County Park, 1170 Cattus Island Boulevard, Toms River Township
• Cloverdale Farm County Park, 34 Cloverdale Road, Barnegat Township
• Wells Mills County Park, 905 Route 532, Ocean Township
• Ocean County Park, 659 Ocean Avenue, Lakewood Township
• Beaver Dam County Park, 3430 Bridge Avenue, Point Pleasant
• Jakes Branch County Park, 1100 Double Trouble Road, Beachwood
• Mill Creek County Park, 11 Chelsea Avenue, Berkeley Township
• Enos Pond County Park, 330 East Lacey Road, Forked River
• Robert J. Miller Airpark, 901 Route 530, Berkeley Township
• Freedom Fields County Park, 1160 Route 539, Little Egg Harbor Township
• Patriots County Park, 485 Bowman Road, Jackson Township
• Stanley H.”Tip” Seaman County Park, 120 Lakeside Drive, Tuckerton
• A. Paul King County Park, 2 W. Bay Avenue, Stafford Township
• Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, 261 Country Club Boulevard, Little Egg Harbor Township
• Ocean County Golf Course at Forge Pond, 301 Chambers Bridge Avenue, Brick Township
“We have accepted discarded Christmas trees for recycling at several of our parks for many years,” Little said. “The woodchips are used for landscaping materials at numerous county parks and facilities.”
Christmas trees are also accepted at both the Northern and Southern Recycling Centers year-round during regular business hours (7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday). The Ocean County Southern Recycling Center is located at 379 Haywood Road, Manahawkin. The Ocean County Northern Recycling Center is located at 601 New Hampshire Ave., Lakewood.
“Many of our citizens embrace recycling in Ocean County and I want to encourage everyone to make it part of their daily lives,” Little said. “We make every effort to make the programs convenient and accessible because recycling really does make a difference.”
The content of this message was created by a public government entity. This message was published on behalf of the issuing government entity, content creation paid for by public tax dollars. Shore News Network makes no claims to the accuracy of the information posted in this story. Shore News Network provides this service to the community and the associated government entity free of charge as a community service. Shore News Network does not endorse or support any statements, persons or entities in this article. For more information about this story, please contact the appropriate agency’s designated public information officer employee. Shore News Network does not profit or benefit from the republishing of this message.