Jackson police had another busy weekend with drug related incidents across the township. Here is last weekend’s police blotter published by the Jackson Police Department
Sunday February 18:
– OVERDOSE/FIRST AID: At 1236 hours, Police Officers Candido and Chesney responded to Brook Plaza on the report of an unconscious male laying in the parking lot. The officers located an unconscious 30 year old male and discovered evidence of recent heroin use. Narcan was administered and the male became semi conscious. Fire personnel from Station 55 arrived on scene to assist the male and he was later transported by first aid to an area hospital for treatment.
Saturday February 18:
– CDS ARREST: While on patrol at 0246 hours, Police Officer French conducted a motor vehicle stop with a 2002 Dodge on Bennetts Mills Road after observing motor vehicle violations. Upon speaking with the driver and detecting the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle, a search was conducted which resulted in the recovery of marijuana. The 20 year old male driver was placed under arrest and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled dangerous substance while operating a motor vehicle and motor vehicle violations. He was processed and released on summons pending a court appearance.
– CDS ARREST: While on patrol at 2353 hours, Police Officer Daniels conducted a motor vehicle stop with a 2002 Saturn on Botanical Way. While speaking with the 25 year old male driver, the officer made observation of items in view inside the vehicle which were consistent with narcotics use. A search resulted in the recovery of multiple hypodermic syringes and items consistent with injecting heroin and prescription Suboxone. The male was placed under arrest and charged with possession of Suboxone without a prescription, possession of hypodermic syringes, possession of drug paraphernalia and motor vehicle offenses. He was processed and released on summons pending a court appearance.
Sunday February 19:
– DISPUTE/WARRANT ARREST: At 0101 hours, Police Officers Roth, Basso and Kafton responded to a residence on Cottonwood Drive on the report of a dispute. During the investigation, a 36 year old male was placed under arrest for an outstanding warrant out of Ocean County. The male was processed and later turned over to the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department.
– ATTEMPTED BURGLARY: At 1050 hours, a resident of Montana Drive reported that unknown suspect(s) attempted to make entry to his residence through a basement door. Minor damage was caused to the door during the incident, entry was not gained.
– CDS ARREST: At 1116 hours, Police Officer Uricks conducted a motor vehicle stop with a 2004 Mazda on West Veteran’s Highway for observed motor vehicle violations. During the stop, the officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. A search resulted in the recovery of marijuana. The 20 year old male driver was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and motor vehicle offenses. He was processed and released on summons pending a court appearance.